Wednesday, September 24, 2008

From Outdated Peasant Shirt to Updated Peasant Shirt

You'll have to excuse the nasty hair and no make up, but that's what happens when you're at home raising three little boys.
So, I've had this shirt for quite a while now. I used to wear it a lot (years and years ago), but I haven't worn it in ages. It's out dated and I just don't like it. So, I decided to make it into something I would wear instead of just hiding it away in the back of my closet. First I cut the sleeves off because I didn't like the elastic three quarter length sleeves it had and made it short sleeved. Then I took off the nasty brown beads it had sewn on the embrodery. Most of them had rubbed down and looked pretty bad (as you can see from the picture. The result is a MUCH cleaner look. I also shortened the tie tassles. So, instead of hanging to my belly button and drawing attention to my not so perfect midsection they hang with the rest of the decor on the shirt. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I just wish I would have done it earlier in the summer so I could have worn it during our hot weather.
See the nasty worn down beads
Tada...Finished product

No comments: