Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Finally, a Refashion

After months of wanting to get this done I finally got around to making the pajama pants from a sheet that been sitting in my linen closet for years. I don't know how old the sheet actually is (it was a hand-me-down from my mom), but I thought the little pink detail was super cute and I loved that I didn't have to hem the leg because I just used the blue top of the sheet as the bottom "cuff" of the leg. I've never done elastic in a waist before and that was a PAIN in my behind! If anyone has any suggestions I would gladly take them. I used Simplicity pattern 3573. I made them quite a bit shorter than the pattern because I don't want to be tripping over them on the stairs. I'm really happy with my first refashion. I have enough of the sheet to make a matching top, but I don't like the top on the pattern that I have, so I've got to come up with something else.

1 comment:

beki said...

Cute! I made a dress out of the same sheet, but mine didn't have that cute little edge.